Sunday, March 11, 2012
Do you have any friends or relatives who are vegetarians or vegans? Do you ever give them a hard time about their eating habits when you're having a meal together?
Here's a new video with actress Mayim Bialik delivering just about every line you can think of that kosher meat-eaters have said to their favorite veggie-lovers.
Some of our favorites:
- Wait Wait! Shabbos dinner without the brisket?
- If you married a meat-eater, would you at least make him brisket for Shabbos?
- What do you do about a shankbone? A Passover table without a shankbone is an abomination.
- Not having apples with honey on Rosh Hashanah is like not having sex on Shabbos.
- No leather shoes? That's like Yom Kippur every day.
- If you don't eat shwarma or schnitzel, what do you eat in Israel? How do you call yourself a Jew?
- A new kosher vegan restaurant? Do they serve main dishes, or just side dishes?
- No chicken soup? How do you treat the common cold?
- Try the cholent. I won't tell.
We hope that any of our vegan readers won't be offended and that our meat-eating readers will find lots of reasons to reinforce their culinary choices. (We tried the cholent, and it was delicious.)
(A SPECIAL NOTE FOR NEW EMAIL SUBSCRIBERS: THE VIDEO MAY NOT BE VIEWABLE DIRECTLY FROM THE EMAIL THAT YOU GET EACH DAY ON SOME COMPUTERS AND TABLETS. YOU MUST CLICK ON THE TITLE AT THE TOP OF THE EMAIL TO REACH THE JEWISH HUMOR CENTRAL WEBSITE, FROM WHICH YOU CLICK ON THE PLAY BUTTON IN THE VIDEO IMAGE TO START THE VIDEO.)